Sunday, October 14, 2012

Quick Reviews




Just got done seeing Hotel Transylvania, the latest Sony Pictures Animation film featuring the voices of Adam Sandler, Selena Gomez, Kevin James, Ceelo Green, Steve Buscemi and others. The daughter and I had a fun time. It is light, family entertainment and I found the suffering father werewolf with about 15 kids to be my favorite. There was a scene of he and wife in bed with all of the kids laying on him that hit home for me since my dogs were laying on me this morning. I give this one 3.5 Mick Happies.

Last night we watched Battleship, directed by Peter Berg. Yes, I know it was panned and it is based on a board game. We actually enjoyed the movie. Once you get past the premise and what is based on, it really is just a fun popcorn action flick. It is too bad that Alexander SkarsgĂ„rd wasn’t on screen for longer (for my wife and her cousin who really like him), but things blow up and the good guys win (oops spoiler – like you didn’t see that coming). Again, 3.5 Mick Happies here – just don’t look for depth or realism I mean they made it all the way here you would think they could beat 3 destroyers and a battleship.

I know, right, we were surprised too!

Finally, I have been spending too many hours late at night trying to stop my own alien invasion in X-COM: Enemy Unknown on the Xbox 360. The game is great and I am still just in the beginning of it (about to restart for the third time). All I can say is you really don’t want me as your Commander as I have lost my squad at least 3 times in the last game though in my defense I had the Med Kit and just couldn’t get it to show up in my Support Class Sergeant’s action list. The tutorial is helpful and gets you started quickly. One drawback is that there is no detailed manual in the box so you will have to go get it if you get stuck like me (and it wouldn’t download on my iPod Touch). Four Mick Happies so far here. Hopefully I can keep my men and women alive on the next go – can’t wait to see how it all ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment