Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Green Hornet Review



I went into The Green Hornet movie with no preconceptions. I hadn’t seen the tv series (before my time). All I knew was it was a superhero movie of sorts with some action and a cool car with gadgets. That, along with some good dialog, should be enough to keep me interested. Unfortunately, The Green Hornet couldn’t do that.

The movie is about a playboy son of a media mogul who takes a hard look at his wasted life when his father dies. From there, Britt, played by Seth Rogen, joins forces with the enigmatic Kato to take on crime in Los Angeles. They do it by posing as bad guys and driving around in a gadget-filled car called Black Beauty.

The movie started off just fine, but quickly I became uninterested in what was happening on screen. I found the dialog forced and the acting, in some places, was uneven and took me out of the film. Kato, played by Jay Chou, was the highlight of the parts of the film I did see and I would have stopped watching earlier, if not for him. In the end, I lasted about a third of the way through the movie before stopping. Cameron Diaz hadn’t even made an appearance by then.

I have to give The Green Hornet 1 Mick Happy. I would avoid this movie; it isn’t worth your time. Rather than watch the whole film, I went to Wikipedia and read the synopsis of the plot and moved on with my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment